featured image

NJ Child Support

Child Support Attorney Middlesex County

Child Support is a legal obligation for a parent to financially support their child regardless of whether the parents are divorced, legally separated or no longer live with one another.  As part of a divorce or separation agreement, child custody, visitation, alimony and child support will be settled and approved by the court. If you have a child but are not married to, or are no longer in a relationship with the other parent, child support must still be paid. In such a circumstance, paternity may have to be determined in order to prove that child support is due. Contact our child support attorney in middlesex county for a free consultation.

NJ Child Support is calculated by using the Child Support Worksheet.  Generally, the last three pay stubs are used to determine that parties income.  Many other circumstances affect the amount of child support such as child support orders from another relationship, medical insurance payments, child care…etc.  The New Jersey Rules of Court Appendix IX-A provides a comprehensive look at issues that should be considered when calculating the child support amount.  If you are currently paying child support, and there are changes in your circumstances, a modification of support may be warranted. No matter the reason, we urge you to consult Armour Law to ensure optimum results.

In our divorce practice, we help clients in making the appropriate arrangements to ensure their child’s financial needs will be met long after the divorce is finalized. Planning ahead for expenses for college, summer camps and medical bills are essential components of our child support practice.

In some cases, a NJ child support order may be in affect and a need later arises for a modification. Whether you are the recipient of the child support payments or the parent that pays child support, an experienced NJ child support attorney at Armour Law is here to help. We have a proven track record of success, let us help you, call today for your free consultation.

Contact Us

Contact us today at 732-276-9499 to schedule your free consultation. For your convenience, we accept credit cards and offer evening and weekend appointments.

Answers to Your Child Support Questions:

Parent’s College Contribution Obligation in New Jersey

Settlement Agreement on College Contributions

Recent Case Law on Unpaid Child Support in New Jersey