featured image



Q: How much will my divorce or motion cost me?

A: At Armour Law we understand that it is not cheap to retain an attorney.  Thus, our goal is to provide reasonable legal fees without compromising our representation.  As your attorney, we provide two forms of advice.  First, we will provide you with all legal options and second, we will advise the most cost effective solutions. There is no definitive answer to the cost of a divorce because each case varies significantly.  However, there are many ways of reducing the cost and we can provide you this information at the free initial consultation and shall continue to do so throughout your case.

Q: What is a retainer agreement?

A: It is an agreement between you, the client, and the law firm.  This document is binding and should be read thoroughly before signing.  The amount paid as the initial retainer is an advance payment that will be applied to your invoice as work is performed.  Representation at Armour Law begins once we receive a signed retainer agreement and retainer fee.

Q: How much is the initial consultation?

A: Armour Law provides a free initial consultation. The initial consultation will last about 40 minutes.  We shall listen and then provide you with information regarding the legal process, your legal rights and advise as to your options.

Q: How long will it take to get my divorce finalized?

A: The timing depends on the parties ability to settle on all issues such as child support, alimony, child custody, and property division.  Once an agreement is signed addressing all the issues involved in your divorce, it generally will take about four months to finalize the divorce.

Q: What is a contested divorce?

A: A contested divorce is a divorce that was unable to reach an agreement and ends with a trial.  A contested divorce is unusual since most divorces end up settling.

Q: How is Child Support Calculated?

A: Child Support is usually a set amount calculated using the New Jersey Child Support Guidelines.  The New Jersey Child Support Guidelines are based on the income of both parents and the average amount that intact families spend on their children.

Q: What happens to my support obligation if I retire, lose my job or become disabled?

A: Changes to a child support obligation or spousal support obligation may be warranted if the party making the request can prove a good reason for the change.  The parties may agree to a change but if no agreement is made the party seeking the change may file a motion for relief.